Okay, so, I am well aware that I have been stuck on Winter Weddings. I’m sorry, I just can’t seem to get enough!! There are a few reasons why this could be: #1-Could we please get any snow in Tulsa? I mean, come on now. #2-It would be exactly how I would do it. There’s something about a winter wedding that seems so intimate and pure and absolutely perfect. and Finally, #3-these people are just beautiful, right? So, when I think of winter weddings, the first place to start is a color palate. I think slate blues, silvers/grays and maybe some chocolate brown depending on how rustic you’re looking to get. If you want to push a winter wedding into spring, incorporating greens and yellows can be gorgeous, as well. Once colors are chosen, we, at The Inviting Place, think that the invitation is the best place to start. The invitation gives your event a foundation for everything else to be built off of and there’s nothing better than a wedding that carries a common theme throughout. Whether you choose a vintage letterpress look, a contemporary thermography print or a traditional engraved invitation, your event’s look will stem from these choices. There are so many different options & so many different avenues that your special day can take and there is nothing more that The Inviting Place staff would love than to help you sort out the details. We, not only can handle your invitations, but would love to help with your entire event from beginning to end. Any 2013 Winter Brides, we can’t wait to hear from you and get started planning your special day. xoxo.
We constantly get asked about wedding and invitation etiquette so, in honor of Emily Post, We are going to feature a weekly etiquette post. For today, let’s talk about some do’s and some don’ts.
- Do allow plenty of time. We suggest sending out invitations about eight weeks in advance. Make sure that you allow plenty of time for addressing, assembling & mailing. Sometimes it takes longer than you think!
- Do remember that Organization is Key. Lists, Lists, Lists. Nothing will make your life easier than being organized. When gathering addresses, excel will be your best friend.
- Do not be afraid to ask for help. Make it a party. Invite friends over, pour some wine and get things done quicker while spending time with friends. Make it fun!
- Do your research on guests. Although sometimes it happens from time to time that you won’t know the names of those accompanying your guests and that’s okay. But if you do your research, it certainly makes the invitation appear warmer and that’s important.
- Do not forget…when in doubt ask. Using the correct titles is very important, it makes your guests feel flattered that you took the time to get it right. So, when in doubt, ask before addressing.
- Don’t forget that inserts are key. Things such as maps, directions or hotel information for out-of-town guests is very important. It will not only make it easier for them, it will also make things easier for you as it alleviates a lot of questions.
- Don’t include registry or gift information with your invitation. People will ask if they are unsure of where you are registered. Make sure not to put it on your invitation, it’s just in poor taste.
- Don’t do multiple mailings. This is when careful planning comes into play. It’s not a good thing to do a mailing and see how many people reply with a “yes” and then invite additional people. You’d be surprised how quickly word gets around. So, make sure that you cover all your bases while doing one mailing.
- Don’t address invitations with labels. It’s certainly easy to use labels but it just doesn’t look the same. Make sure to handwrite invitations or have them printed. You will like the way they look. I guarantee it.
So, we couldn’t be more thrilled that College Football is on the horizon. We’ve started stocking up on all of our fun tailgate gear and I don’t mean to brag, but we have the cutest stuff. From koozies to cups and napkins to straws and really any personalized gear that you could want, we’re your one stop shop for your tailgating needs. Stop in today and mention our 15% deal that we have going on through August 31st to get the discount. Can’t wait to see the fun things that you choose… we might even have to invite ourselves to YOUR tailgate. See you soon! xoxo, The Inviting Place.
Katy Quinn, co-owner and senior design consultant, is a creative and fabulous little lady. We are certain that once you get to know her, you’ll love her as much as we do.
•Where did you grow up and what is your favorite thing about growing up there?
I love everything about Tulsa. I love the people, the city,
everything! I have lived here since 3rd grade and I can’t ever
imagine leaving, unless I decide to open up The Inviting Place in
Seaside, my second favorite place in the world!
•High School & College Alma Mater?
High School— Bishop Kelley
College— Oklahoma State
•From where do you draw your inspiration for your Inviting Place ideas?
Sara and Elizabeth.
•What made you want to be in the wedding/party industry?
I always thought that I wanted to be a Wedding/Event Planner
and then I soon realized that it wasn’t for me. So, this is perfect
for me. I get to help with all the fun stuff and then still see them
until the end. I am always sad though when I have helped certain
brides and then their wedding ends.
•What is your favorite thing about working at The Inviting Place?
The people that I work with and the new & exciting things I learn
and get to work on everyday!
•If you had to choose one ‘block’ font and one ‘script’ font to write in for the rest of your life, what would they be?
Serlio for the block all the way! I would have to say for now my
main scripts are Peoni Pro and Carolyna Black. But, most likely
will change next month.
•Name a non-wedding related guilty pleasure that you have.
The Bachelor Pad
•What’s your Favorite Color?
•What is your favorite sports team (college or professional)?
Oklahoma State Cowboys & OKC Thunder
•Do you have a nickname? If so, what is it?
So, I know what you’re thinking, how irresponsible are we for missing National Cupcake Day? Well, allow me to explain. Everyday is N.C.D. at The Inviting Place because of Paper Eskimo. I know I’ve ranted and raved about this fabulous line but, they deserve at least one more shout out. Attention to detail is key and this spectacular collection of colorful and festive baking supplies, party accessories and bash-worthy items are sure to spice up any soiree. So, in the name of all things cupcakes, get in here today and grab yours before they’re all gone!!
Although I am long gone from college, I still love to relive my glory days. When I first pledged my sorority, you better bet I stocked my wardrobe, put that sticker on my car and had pretty much all of the sorority swag that I could get my hands on. If Clairebella had been around during that time, I would have been the coolest girl on campus. Clairebella makes it simple to stand out incorporating unique, personalized items that not EVERYONE has because, let’s get real, who really wants to be a clone of every girl on campus?? Not me. So, on that note, stop in today or head over to our vendor page on our site (click on the picture) and select Clairebella under ‘Gifts’ to check out all that they have to offer. I promise you will not be disappointed. Can’t wait to see what you choose!! xoxo, The Inviting Place.